Sunday, March 8, 2009

Menu For Week Of 3/9 - 3/15





I have not been very good lately with following my menu plan. I am hoping that this week I will do better.

We are trying to get everything in order to buy a house by the end of the year. In order to do that I am trying to really stick to my $100.00 dollar a week grocery budget. That includes food, household, and diapers. I have not strictly followed that budget because I didn't really have to but we are trying to get the few things cleared up on our credit so I am saving in money that I can and the food budget is the best place to start. I have found that if I plan out our menus and get creative that I save more money.

My 11 and 5 year old daughters are in school during the day so it is just me and my 1 year old at home during the day so I wont be putting lunches. I have frozen veggies and meat chunks that Bella eats for lunch and I either eat a sandwich or leftovers. On the weekend we usually do homemade pizza on Saturdays and lunch out after church on Sundays.

Breakfast
- Cereal and Fruit x2
- Cereal Bar and Fruit x2
- Muffin and Fruit x2
- Pancakes and Sausage

Dinner
- Grilled chicken, steamed broccoli, roasted potatoes and carrots, garlic toast
- Hamburger helper, green beans
- Mushroom gravy chicken, rice, corn, bread
- Leftovers
- Bakes pork chops, cheesy pasta, green beans
- Baked chicken tenders, pasta roni, corn
- Pork loin roast, roasted carrots and onions, pasta with butter and italian seasonings

I hope that everyone has a blessed week!!

4 comments:

  1. Nice menu plan! My kids are on spring break this week, so they'll be having leftover love for lunch :) Have a great week!

    Danelle Ice from Homemaker Barbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to have a money goal. We're putting money aside for a 2nd vehicle.
    Tuesdays are my day off and since our teen's tutor is here I cannot vacuum. Bummer.
    Well, it gave me the opportunity to do some MPM blog visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds yummy! We committed on our anniversary trip to stay firm within our budget...it isn't fun but it is a must! Our budget for household and food is $125. but I love the feeling of staying below! It is like a rush when I get out of Walmart under budget!

    Keep them coming! I will list this blog as one to follow now, my friend! I missed you!

    ReplyDelete