Up until now I have been shopping for 2 weeks at a time trying to stick to a $200.00 dollar every two week budget. A lot of times I have gone over this budget for one thing or another. Lately I have been trying to if not cut down my budget at least not go over it. I have figured out that shopping every two weeks is not working for me anymore. I end up still going back to the grocery store on in between weeks for milk, bread, and a few other things and go over my budget. I have also noticed that one weeks that I plan out our meals and stick to it that I spend less money.
My hubby gets paid on Thursdays so that was when I went to the grocery store. I have decided to start shopping on Mondays because I think it will work better that way with meal planning for the week. Because Jimmy doesn't get paid until Monday I took a little money I had saved and got the few things we needed today. We have stayed pretty stocked up so we really didn't need much. The biggest expense was diapers! I can't buy the cheaper diapers because they have all broken Bella out. I really wish I could because that would save us a lot of money!
Well here are the few things that I picked up for this week.
3 boxes 100 calorie snack packs - $2.00 each
Gallon size vacuum seal bags - $2.84
Flushable wipes double pack - $3.38
Sandwich bags - $1.32
Snack bags - $2.18
Air Freshener - $0.86
Teen deodorant - $1.00
Clothes soap - $5.00
Diapers - $19.97
Orange juice - $3.58
1/2 gallon 2% milk - $2.22
Shredded cheddar cheese - $1.98
Dozen eggs - $1.28
Not pictured:
2 9oz. sippy cups - $4.98
Leaf Rake - $5.97(Can you tell that my hubby was shopping with me!!) ;-)
Total with tax - $68.72

Not sure if you have a Costco in your area but Costco's brand name is Kirland. Kirland Brand diapers are the same as Pampers. Pampers signed a contract with Costco to produce their Kirkland brand diapers. I was a able to purchase 208 size 3 diapers for $37.99 in the MD/DC area. This is my first box and I am satisifed so far.
ReplyDeleteIt is hard to go through the store keeping up with the dollar amount of each purchase and figuring in tax to stay under budget...but, there is no other way to do it. We do like to shop at Sam's when I can get over there for meat but everything else is Walmart or local grocery store. I refuse to buy meat and fruit/veggies at Walmart.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing a great job...keep it up, my friend!